I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oh, How I Love My... Vegetable Peeler

Ok - new blog thing.

Periodically, I want to tell you about something I love.  Due to the nature of this blog, it will mostly be kitchen tools or ingredients or the like.  However, I have a lot of love to give, so you'll probably hear about all kinds of stuff.  Here we go:

I love my vegetable peeler.   It's Y shaped, which gives me a more comfortable grip.  It also has a cool plastic guard that flips over the blade so when I stick my hand in the drawer, it doesn't stick me. It's an OXO.  It is technically a julienne peeler, though I have yet to use it that way - I just use a light touch while peeing.  Do you have one of these?  Do you like it better than the aligned kind?  I loved the way my mom's old stainless aligned peeler used to sound. - I kinda miss that about this one, but mine is so sharp and comfy, I wouldn't go back.






I love to try new things! If you have something you love that you'd like to send me to try, email me and I'll give you my mailing information.

1 comment:

  1. I HATE cooking. But I LOVE kitchen equipment! Funny, huh?!

    ReplyDelete