I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stiletto Award




A few weeks ago (on my daughter's birthday, actually), I was given a Stiletto Award by Siri at siriouslydelicious. I know, right? That's some fast recognition for someone who had only been blogging for 14 days at the time the award was given. Today, on day 31, I am writing about it, and giving out my own. I know, I'm a slacker -- but I'm new; gimme a break. Here is what the Stiletto Award is all about. I am grateful and humbled to be given this award, especially by Siri.

I only know Siri through the magic of the internet... and the greater magic of food. Her blog makes me laugh, makes me hungry, makes me inspired, and sometimes makes me wish I knew her when I lived in Santa Monica so we could hang out and drink wine and make food and eat it together while our kids played. She also writes another blog where she writes letters to her son. It is also amazing. You should all go visit siriouslydelicious and bask in her loveliness. Thank you, Siri!!


It is now time for me to give out some awards. Here we go:

My first comment from someone I don't know was from Jennifer, A Self Confessed Foodie. She lives in Minneapolis, loves food, and sometimes invites you to play along with her in her "Your Turn" posts. I think we should probably hang out and eat some food together, seeing as I live in Minneapolis, too.

Baby Barto chronicles Sara's adventure with her son, Turo. I went to high school Sara's husband, and though I have never met her, I love keeping up with this family through her blog's honesty, sweetness and gorgeous pictures. She has a secondary blog, A Toddler Lives Here which encourages submissions of photos of the random stuff you find around the house you share with a toddler. It's brilliant.

Kate, of From the Mixed-up Files of the Siegels fame is a library-working, geek-loving, awesome-kid-having, grave-visiting, celebrity magnet. You'll like her.


Finally, I Like Your Face. This is written by my lovely and talented cousin. She is an art teacher in an elementary school. This blog is all the amazing and hilarious things that her students say and the situations that she so gracefully, lovingly and good-humorously witnesses and guides them through. She is one of my favorite people on the planet. For reals.

Congratulations, ladies. Flaunt your award. I did. It's fun!


THE RULES!
This blog is meant to be shared, to be given out, to be bestowed upon any and ALL women who exemplify what the stiletto represents. If you’ve received this award, here’s what you do:


1. Display your Stiletto Badge of Honor on your sidebar!

2. BRAG ABOUT IT! -write a post about your award. Include the link to this page so everyone will understand what it’s all about! http://bit.ly/thestilettoaward

3. SAY THANKS! - include a link to the friend who nominated you for the award.

4. SHARE THE LOVE! -nominate 5-10 blogs that you feel deserve the award. Include links to them in your post -and- leave them a comment to let them know they are nominated.

5. DO WHAT YOU DO! -keep at it. Keep inspiring and encouraging and sharing your life! We love it and we thank you!!!

6 comments:

  1. AAAAAAACK!!! I was just gonna congratulate you and praise your awesomeness, but now I see you gave ME an award, too! SQUEEEEE!

    ::sigh::

    I'm so happy I 'met' you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks lady! Such sweet words. I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. I will come back to your site and keep sharing this information with us.Survey For Customers

    ReplyDelete