I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chez Sweeny

My husband travels a lot.  In the summer, when there is no school, my children and I will pack up and go to my parents' house for a few days.  During this new school year we might do it if Bill is gone over a weekend, but that doesn't happen too often.
I love going over to my parents' house.  I'm an only child, and my parents still live in the house I grew up in.  When I'm there, I get to sleep in my old room - which now looks like a page out of Coastal Living- the Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket Edition.  When I'm there, I get to see all kinds of wildlife in the back yard (in Suburbia, Minnesota, if your back yard is wooded, like my parents', you get families of deer, lots of birds and, this year, 30+ wild turkeys to look at).  When I'm there, I get to cook and eat awesome food.

Recently we made grilled leg of lamb and roasted potatoes with individual ciabatta.  


Robin's Lamb Marinade:
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 orange juice
garlic
parsley



Roasted Veggies
Beets
Baby Carrots
Potatoes
Onion
Olive Oil
Salt

Served with a ciabatta roll and a great deal of butter.




We also made Eating Well's Easy Salmon Cakes.  These are now a new staple in my house.  SO GOOD!

Cook on the stove first.


Then in the oven.


Oven Fries.



 Creamy Dill Sauce


Served with Braised Peas and Scallions - a go-to vegetable in our house




Hey, Mom and Dad - I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment