I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

When Life Hands You Lemons...

...make curd.

I had an excess of citrus.  I'm not exactly sure what possessed me at the store, but it happens sometimes. 

I took this recipe for Lemon Tartlets from Eating Well and made a lime curd and a citrus curd (lemons, limes and orange).  Then I made these:

These little gems are amazing.  They pop right into your mouth and your tastebuds explode.
My mouth is watering as I type.

Lime curd cooking.

Citrus curd thickening.

Yes.  Yes, I did eat some with a spoon right out of the bowls.


The lime was outstanding.  The orange one I cut the sugar in half and it was still a little too sweet for my taste.  I wonder if you need it at all, except for the science of having sugar in there.  I'm willing to try it next time without added sugar - For Science!

One more shot for good measure.  YUM!



2 comments:

  1. Curd is the most unappetizing name for the most delicious foodstuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is killing me. I adore lemon curd.

    ReplyDelete