I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Damn, that's good lamb.

Readers, let us turn to page 55 of our new Eating Well Magazine.  There you will find the recipe I tested for Lamb with Roasted Cauliflower.  (I can't find it on their website, otherwise I'd link it, but if/when it goes up there, I'll let you know.)  I am absolutely making this again for Easter.

I had a dinner party and it went over beautifully.  The rub and sauce are bright and flavorful (one guest said he'd go easier on the sauce next time, so as not to overpower the lamb itself).  And who knew about roasted cauliflower?  Not me, but it's my new favorite thing in the whole world.  Ever since I made this last month, I've made cauliflower a staple in my house.  It's also amazing braised and mashed with potatoes.

I served the lamb, cauliflower and shallots with sides of Roasted Parsnips with Parsley & Parmesan and Broccoli Rabe and Orzo Salad.


Beautiful, fresh flavors for the rub.
Tarragon, Parsley, Garlic, Lemon.

I'm not really a fan of tarragon, but this is so delicious, I'm a convert.



I done tied it up so nicely.






Orzo, Broccoli Rabe, Feta, Lemon juice.

Parsnips.  Roasted and later tossed with Parm and Parsley.

Photo by Birdchick

Photo by Birdchick

Photo by Birdchick
Also pictured in top right corner of plate, Siri's Cranberry Avocado Salsa.


I'm having another Dinner Party on Saturday night.  Still don't know what the menu is.  Any suggestions?  HELP!

1 comment:

  1. MAN! You said the magic word: LAMB. Now I want to host a dinner party! (or come to yours.) *L*

    Idea for next week:
    Curried meatballs (turkey or beef) in chickpea curry sauce. Serve over steamed brown rice w. veggie kabobs. Side: falafel, hummus, and pita? Mango smoothies (made from real fruit) for dessert?

    ReplyDelete