I talk about food a lot. And other stuff.

But mostly food.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Shortcut to what?


MUSHROOMS!  
(Thanks for playing along, Geek Readers.)


A while ago, I confessed to not liking mushrooms.  The next day I bought some and made some stuff.   I was in a bit of a frenzy, so I can't remember exactly what I did, and again, these are my crappy iPhone pictures (must remember to use real camera).

I know that I chopped them up really fine,



 sauteed them in butter with garlic, 



threw in some chicken stock - frozen in ice cube trays - perfect for this sort of thing.  I make a lot of pan gravy.  




Then I whirled the whole thing in the food processor because I really can't get past the texture.  



Put it back in the pan and thinned it out again with stock and wine, and spooned it over a chicken tender.  



Is there a way to make a mushroom sauce look pretty?
I don't think even a real camera and sprig of something green could save that.


AND I LOVED IT.

I loved it so much, I added milk to what was left in the pan, and maybe some other stuff, and ate in on pasta.  While standing over the stove. 




 And I think I ate a little much - it's very rich - but I can't wait to try more! 

Me, after eating possibly too many mushrooms..... wait.
Also: Dig the ShrinkyDink earrings my 5 year old made for me.


The moral of the story, dear readers, is:  If you throw yourself down a hill to get away from the farmer you're stealing from and the black riders who are looking for you, you could just find a shortcut to mushrooms.

~OR~

Try something you think you don't like.  You might change your mind. 


But I'm still not doing olives.  I take my martinis up with a twist. (Gin, no Vermouth)

No comments:

Post a Comment